Monday, April 27, 2020

Welcome!

So much more stylish!  Seriously, why did we stop
dressing like this?!!
Hello and welcome!  I'm Christina, and I'm addicted to Renaissance fashion.  No really, I have a problem...  Who needs a modern wardrobe, anyway?  The 16th century was much more stylish!

While I've been sewing for as long as I can remember, I first started making an effort to make properly historically accurate clothes last year, using Renaissance art as inspiration and the internet to figure out how to make things.  I find dress diaries to be particularly helpful, especially when I'm learning to do new things, and what I hope to do here is show you how I make historical clothes and how you can do it, too!  If you don't feel comfortable or have time to do it yourself, though, I do take commissions, and I plan to have an Etsy shop open soon!

My focus is on northern Italian- and especially Venetian- styles from the second half of the sixteenth century, but I occasionally take detours to other times and places in medieval and renaissance Europe, so you'll see that here, too.  My brother's 12th century surcoat is my next project, and I'm in the middle of a Viking ensemble for a friend.  I like to explore other aspects of daily life in the past, too, so there may be occasional food posts...  Apparently, bacon and cinnamon sugar on spaghetti was a thing in the 15th century, and I'm kind of intrigued!

Update!  I tried Renaissance cooking!

Anyway, without further rambling, welcome to what can best be described as my Renaissance lifestyle blog!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment